It’s been months since Apple said they will be releasing a new iPhone model, which is iPhone 12. The information that you’re about to see was taken from Apple’s website. For a detailed review, you can watch the video on top and it was taken from the Youtube channel of Mr. Dave Lee.
Size and Weight
- Super Retina XDR display
- 6.1‑inch (diagonal) all‑screen OLED display
- 2532‑by‑1170-pixel resolution at 460 ppi
Wide color (P3)
2,000,000:1 contrast ratio (typical)
625 nits max brightness (typical); 1,200 nits max brightness (HDR)
Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously
What will the iPhone 12 lineup cost?
- Pricing starts at $699
- Tops out at $1,099 on the high end
With four models this year, you can pick a new iPhone that fits your budget, with prices ranging from $699 to $1,099. Here’s the starting price for each new iPhone 12 model:
- iPhone 12 Mini: $699
- iPhone 12: $799
- iPhone 12 Pro: $999
- iPhone 12 Pro Max: $1,099
When can I order the iPhone 12 models?
- Some models go on sale this Friday, Oct. 16, and ship Oct. 23.
- The rest will go on sale in November.
As previously mentioned, Apple is doing a staggered release this year. Here’s how it breaks down:
- iPhone 12 Mini: Nov. 6 preorders, Nov 13 availability
- iPhone 12: Oct 16 preorders, Oct. 23 availability
- iPhone 12 Pro: Oct. 16 preorders, Oct. 23 availability
- iPhone 12 Pro Max: Nov. 6 preorders, Nov 13 availability
Does the iPhone 12 have 5G?
Yes, all four models have 5G.
All these four iPhone 12 models are capable of connecting to the 5G network. In the US, it means they include Sub6 and mmWave compatibility. The phones will have a Smart Data Mode that will decide whether or not a 5G connection is required for a task, and when it’s not, it will use a 4G/LTE connection instead. By doing so will save battery life.