Table of Contents
Finally, lockdown has been lifted and there were few restrictions before that we can now do. Traveling is one of my hobbies and staying at home during community quarantine is a bit of stress. I must agree that going out is definitely risky during pandemic specially Covid19 cases are not lessen yet but for me so long as I’m taking extra steps to prevent the spread is fine, but it is advisable to stay at home. I live nearby Tanay Rizal and this is the best option at the moment so I immediately search up the open overlooking spots and there I found Ridges and Clouds Nature Camp in Tanay, Rizal.
Tanay is know for its scenic mountain view with an occasional sea of clouds. Near the same road of popular tourist attractions such as Masungi Georeserve ,Treasure Mountain, Ridges and Clouds Nature Camp just opened up. When we’ve been there, there were a few construction going on with their lobby and they were to build more rooms on top of it. Ridges and Clouds Nature Camp features an amazing view of the foothills of Sierra Madre and a sea of clouds during sunrise.
We woke up around 5 AM and it was so cold that we had to wear jackets. There was fog and most of the plants were wet because of it. It was too early and even the sun light can not be seen in the sky as it was too foggy and we waited for the sunrise and luckily there was a sea of clouds along with this beautiful sunrise.
How to get to Ridges and Clouds
We took a private vehicle rented from a group on Facebook since it was pandemic during this trip so there will be hassle along the way if we take the public transportation but here’s how you can go here thru public transportation.
- From Cubao, take a jeep going to Cogeo Gate 2 or Cogeo Public Market. At gate 2, ride a jeepney going to Brgy. Maysawa. Tell the driver to drop you off at the Treasure Mountain jump-off point or Brgy. Maysawa waiting shed located between Bureau of Solid and Waste Management and Pico de Pino Restaurant. Then ride a tricycle going to Ridges and Clouds Nature Camp. Note that the last jeep trip back to manila is around 5:00 – 7:00 PM
- If you’ll be riding with a private car, you can pin Ridges and Clouds Nature Camp and be advised that Globe telco has a really bad reception so better to have a backup Smart sim.
This trip was in June 2021 and the rates I’ll be indicating may differ. Public transportations weren’t available during this trip so we hired a private car to service us back and fort. Also it is best to book in advance because this place is quite known and you don’t want to ruin your trip because they’re already full at the time you get there. Contact information will be provided at the end.
Ridges and Clouds rates, inclusion, terms, and price as of this writing:
|Standard Couple Cabana (Common CR)||Small||2||2500||Free breakfast|
|De Luxe Couple Cabana (Own CR)||Small||2||4000||Free breakfast|
|Twin Ifugao House||6||8000||With two rooms, living room, dining room, own CR, and outdoor kitchen|
|Excess pax||Each||500||Max of 10 excess pax|
|Tent-pitching||Each||300||Max of 3 tents|
|Tent-pitching excess pax||Each||500||Max of 3 tents|
|Mini Pool||TBC due to covid19|
|Massage||TBC due to covid19|
|Bonfire||300 (until 9:00 PM Only)|
Food and Drinks
There’s a store that is open until 10:00 PM at the lobby. This is a nature camp and food delivery and drive thru aren’t accessible. If you’ll just be staying for a night, I would suggest you bring packed lunch because to me the food here is like the usual that you can buy in a regular carinderia.
Their prices are quite high than the usual but I guess it doesn’t matter because it pays off the scenery plus there are no other stores nearby. You left no choice! Char
Romantic Dates for Couples
Served at 6:00 – 7:00 AM. Choice of silog meals with brewed coffee (upgrade from free breakfast for 2 pax).
Hour is 4:00 – 5:00 PM. They serve brewed coffee and sandwiched or cookies.
Please contact them ahead to know more about it. If you wanted more romantic event, I would suggest you go with the Candle lit.
|Before Sunset||4:00 – 5:00 PM|
|Sunset||5:00 – 6:00 PM|
|Candle lit||6:00 – 7:00 PM and 7:00 – 8:00 PM|
Camp rules and tips
- Strictly no Smoking/Vaping beyond parking.
- Use of barbeque pit is allowed in the kitchen areas only. Strictly no cooking in the room and cabans.
- Conserve Water
- Clean as you go. Please observe waste segregation
- No littering/vandalism/illegal activities
- Drinking liquor is prohibited
- Observe silence at all times esp. after 9PM
- Camp management shall not be responsible for any damage or loss of life or property inside the camp
- Gate is closed from 8 PM to 7 AM
Solar-powered lights, No outlets
No WIFI and no signal in rooms. Network signal works near entrance.
With security and free parking
Their Facebook is embedded and please contact them on Facefook for more accurate information.
Ridges and Clouds Nature Camp
Sitio Maysawa, Brgy. Cuyambay, Tanay, Rizal
Tanay, Rizal, Philippines
+63 917 324 5599
Are you looking for a cheaper data sim?Check out GOMO