Table of Contents
I and my friend had spent our long weekend in Minalungao National Park in Nueva Ecija last month. We really enjoyed the companion and she requested to travel again when we have time. I straight away told her that we can go to Manuel Uy Beach Resort because it is just in Calatagan Batangas which is a couple of hours away from Manila.
Manuel Uy Beach Resort is great for a group of people who are looking for an affordable yet great place to spend the day with. This was my second time going to this resort but I never been tired of going back because the place has a lot to offer.
Where is it Located?
Manuel Uy Beach Resort is located in Barangay Sta. Ana, 4215 Calatagan, Batangas.
The first time I went here was an expensive yet exciting experience. The reason for the expensive travel because we started to travel in the afternoon and we were not that familiar with what transportation we should be taking. It was really unforgettable because the fare rate was being doubled and we can’t do anything about it knowing that some of the regular transportation is no longer available. The worst part was we got to Manuel Uy Beach Resort at midnight., although the place doesn’t look dangerous.
Over the bad experience I had, I still decided to go back to Manuel Uy Beach Resort because this place is best to destress at an affordable rate.
How to get to Manuel Uy from Manila?
Going to Manuel Uy is never been difficult. It’s only three to four hours away from Manila, depending on the traffic conditions. It is easily accessible through private or public transportation. The fastest route by car is via SLEX taking the Santa Rosa exit going to Tagaytay-Nasugbu highway. Passing through Calatagan-Lian highway will get you to Calatagan, Batangas. To get to the resort, you can either ask the locals for directions or use an app like Waze or Google Maps.
- From MRT EDSA Taft Station, take a bus bound for Calatagan for Php160. The first trip is at 4:00 am to 4:00 pm. Travel time is approximately 3-4 hours. Another option is you can take a van located in the basement of MetroPoint Mall beside the Kabayan Hotel for Php180. I haven’t tried the bus because it was a bit late when we travel and so we took the van.
- Alight in Calatagan town proper or at the public market, charter a tricycle to Manuel Uy Beach. Travel time: 20 minutes. Fare: P200 (good for up to 4 pax).
You might consider taking the contact number of the tricycle driver to arrange a pick up when you will go back? Although there are tricycles right in the entrance of the resort, in case there’s no available you have an option instead of waiting.
Rates in Manuel Uy Resort
Camping in Manuel Uy Beach Resort
There is no private room or cottage in Manuel Uy Resort. The only way to stay here overnight is by camping. As you’ve seen on their rates, you can either bring your own tent and pay for the campsite fee or rent their tent.
|Day Tour||Overnight Tour|
|Check-in||5:00 AM||5:00 AM|
|Check-out||5:00 PM (Same Day)||12:00 NN (The Next Day)|
The girl in the picture is a friend of mine. We decided to just rent a tent instead of using my tent because my tent is too small and I’ll be needing to pay for a camping fee, unlike if we rent a tent, the three of us can fit inside and that we can save money. It was so windy all night and having alcohol to chill is perfect.
Manuel Uy Beach Resort Fees
|Entrance fee||Day Tour||Overnight Tour|
|Children (0 – 6 Yr Old)||Free||Free|
|Regular (7 – 59 Yr Old )||₱ 150||₱ 250|
|Senior Citizen / PWD)||₱ 105||₱ 175|
|Tent Rental (fits 2-3 Pax)||₱ 500||₱ 500|
|Campsite Fee (If you bring own tent)|
|1 – 4 Person||₱ 200||₱ 200|
|5 – 10 Person||₱ 300||₱ 300|
|11 – 15 Person||₱ 700||₱ 700|
|16 – 20 Person||₱ 900||₱ 900|
|20 and more Person||ASK||ASK|
|Table and chair rental||₱ 250||₱ 250|
|Motor Parking||₱ 20||₱ 20|
|Cars and Vans Parking||₱ 100||₱ 100|
|Buses or Large Vehicles Parking||₱ 300||₱ 300|
There’s a store inside the camping site where you can buy snacks but it closes at 10:00 PM. Also, there’s a little house beneath their store and that you can rent a rice cooker or electric kettle, pay for charging phones or power banks, and I think they also have some utensils that you can rent. We didn’t have the chance to take those offers as to why am not sure how much the rates are. I can tell you that the price is reasonable.
Manuel Uy Beach Resort Tours
|Boat Rental||1 Hour (up to 5 Pax)||₱ 1000|
|Boat Rental||1 – 2 hours (up to 5 Pax)||₱ 1500|
|Googles Rental||Per pax. You can also bring your own |
goggles to avoid this fee
These are the amenities you have access to for free. They also have a separate comfort room for men and women I just forgot to take a picture inside of it. The women’s comfort room also includes a shower room and room for changing clothes.
- Don’t forget to bring a Travel-sized shampoo, conditioner, body wash, moisturizer, hair cream, and sunblock.
- There’s no restaurant in Manuel Uy Beach Resort so I suggest you buy your food when you get to Calatagan public market.
- The Stitls Resort is just a couple of minutes away from Manuel Uy Beach Resort, so you can do a day tour. There’s a stair by the shore that will lead you to The Stitls Resort.
- Plastic bags to put your wet clothes.
- The mobile phone’s signal isn’t good so it would be so difficult to communicate through the phone.
- Bring a power bank and a LED light so you have something to use at night.